Thursday, February 18, 2016

I can't believe it is Thursday

This week has certainly flown past in a blur. What have I been doing? Well, very little on the stitch front. Sitting outside with this fellow ...
at first you may think it is a crow. If you look at his beak you will notice it is long and hook like with a sharp point. My field book tells me it is a Chihuahuan Raven. They grow to about 20 inches in length. As fast as he landed and ate a few insects he was off. Oh yes, yesterday, I returned from the Post Office and as I entered the kitchen and tapped the garage door pad to close, I heard a horrible loud bang. Opened the door and the garage door spring broke in half. Luckily the only thing to fall on the car were paint chips from the coil.
A call to Sears brought out Joey who within an hour had it fixed. We should be good to go for about 3 years or so....new spring and rollers. Four years ago they fixed the cables....hope that is it.
Once Joey left it was out to lunch for pizza.
Mr H and I went to AJ's Fine Foods and did a bit of shopping for a couple of food items and this...
I love this mug...it is quite large, 12 ounces, but a great cup of coffee it will hold.  Our day is starting out cloudy with temps expecting to be 90 today. There is some rain to the North of The Valley....maybe we will get a sprinkle or two. Right now it is coffee that I am needing and a little stitching. Always a pleasure to have you visit with me. Thank you for your treasured friendship and kind words. Have a great day.

10 comments:

Vickie said...

What a neat raven. Thank goodness for Joey! I really like your new mug.

KimM said...

Oh My - nothing like the garage door opener going ka-put. Glad Joey was on duty ;0) And I LOVE that mug!! I LOVE horses...anything horse strikes my fancy. (I even had a little appaloosa mare when I was in my late 20's called "Passing Fancy" - HA!). What a lucky find for you.
xxx

cucki said...

Aww your mug is so lovely..,love it x

Carolyn said...

Gracie,
How are you? I was able to get outside and stitch early this week and last week. I love stitching outdoors right now. It won't be long and it will be too hot out here in our desert. What an adorable mug for drinking coffee. Have a wonderful day stitching.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a drama! Looks like the raven was the Harbinger of Doom for the door!

Tiffstitch said...

Glad it wasn't worse with the garage and great buy on the mug. Interesting about the raven as well. :)

Sally said...

Love your new mug!

I love seeing different birds etc. We've spotted a few different ducks on the mere this year which has been nice.

Carolyn said...

Gracie,
I asked you to be my friend on Facebook. If you just want to join the group on Facebook it is Throwback Stitching. See you soon!

Julie said...

A lovely new mug to enjoy your coffee from.
xxx

diamondc said...

Hi Gracie: I am with you on the coffee and stitching, first I need to go to get milk.
I love pizza it however does not like me, I cannot eat any hard cheeses, they have a binder that just hats me so I slobber when people eat it I just have spaghetti or salad.
Lucky you were not getting something out of your trunk, Sears is fast and good at what they do.

Blessings
Catherine