Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Eskimo dolll and a rabbit

It has been a lovely few days. Relaxing and at the same time productive. Do any of you remember....
the Eskimo Pie Doll. Just a cute doll that I have had for a long time. Remember I told you that I loved sending for special items. I believe this was a couple of dollars and proof of purchase thing. So long ago I really do not remember. He just sits in the corner on the floor with a few others in my sewing room. I made....
The March Hare from Alice in Wonderland Tea. It is a pattern from Indigo Junction. The pattern shows it as a Christmas ornament but I decided to have him just as is and standing on his own. This way he can be decorated for the seasons as I wish or not. Not sure what I will be doing next. It is not like I lack projects or supplies.... just not sure what to pick up and work on. When I have finished a project, I like to straighten up the sewing room so it will be ready for the next project. Much better to have a clear spot to work. I have finished my  3 ornaments for my exchanges and just will need to get the extras to go along. As soon as I accomplish that, they will be wrapped and ready to mail by December 1st. I was determined not to be doing them last minute. Hard to think about Christmas when the temps are still hovering around the 100's. Time to settle down and get a few chores done. It is always nice when we visit...I think today will be an iced coffee day. Thank you for the kind words and most of all your friendship. Have a wonderful day.

5 comments:

Julie said...

Love that hare ... he's gorgous

Vickie said...

No, I have never seen the Eskimo Pie doll. How neat!
Wow! That March Hare is so excellent Gracie!

diamondc said...

I remember seeing the ad to send away for the Eskimo Doll. so cute, the Rabbit is positively adorable.
I look forward to seeing your finished ornaments.


Blessings
Catherine

butterfly said...

Cute Hare, love the Eskimo , I have never seen one before .
Enjoy your day .

Ele said...

How cute!
Have a lovely evening