Friday, February 27, 2015

Customers can make my day

I have been with Jo Ann Fabrics going on 8 years this August. Some days are much more difficult than others....then a customer comes along who appreciates you...
and makes it better. We have what is called "A Cut Above" award. Tiny scissors that we can attach to our aprons and along with each pin is the note from the customer.....Yesterday I received another one that made my day.....It is the one in the center about the crabby customer! We all remember the ones that give us grief as well as the pleasant kind customers. I guess what I want to convey to you is that if you have the opportunity to compliment a worker, do so not only to them personally but to management.....it can really make our day. I wear a few on my apron, but I have a fair collection as you can see....and proud of them I am! Are you in for this? My co-worker Arlene found this web page and asked me to submit to it...She got Bing Crosby's White Christmas...I got The Old Lamp-Lighter by Sammy Kaye and his Orchestra! She finds these crazy things all the time....
  Yesterday one of my customers noticed the red swollen hand and after I explained she said..."it is tough getting old" then asked my age and said "see what I mean"! (I am 68, she is 75) As she left the counter she patted my hand and said "just do the best you can".
 This morning I am stitching on Pink Lady Bustle and not having difficulties with my hand.The swelling is down but the discomfort remains. I am determined to stitch so stitch I will!!! I will be emailing the March Card Exchange list out on Sunday, so there is still time to join in....email me your mailing address if this is the first time. If you have been part of it (since December) I probably already have your address.
So glad you stopped by today....thank you for the kind words and encouragement. Have a wonderful day.
****The only way to have a friend is to be one.****
Ralph Waldo Emerson

15 comments:

Vickie said...

What a fantastic collection of little scissor pins you have Gracie. That speaks volumes about you. :) I had no idea the employee receives a handwritten note from the customer.

KimM said...

Gracie - what a great post - and what a wonderful collection of 'awards'. No doubt, you are one of the best - people and stitchers -
hugs
xxx

Carolyn said...

I don't have a blog, but look forward to reading yours everyday! I also have hand trouble, but I wear a Handeze craft glove and it really helps--can you do this? It's amazing the difference the pressure makes in the swelling.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Your blog post made me smile Grace, people are so funny:-)

Cindy's Stitching said...

What a nice post Gracie. It is nice when someone takes the time to appreciate what you do. What a nice collection of happy notes.

Justine said...

What a lovely idea! It's nice to receive good feedback and it's obviously well deserved.
I was American Pie by Don McLean - love that song!

Justine said...

What a lovely idea! It's nice to receive good feedback and it's obviously well deserved.
I was American Pie by Don McLean - love that song!

Lynda Ruth Bowers said...

You are special and don't let anyone tel you otherwise. Big hugs and I love all your little pins. Lynda Ruth Smile you are loved.

Debbie said...

It is a lovely idea and so nice to receive well deserved feedback from customers. You are special!

Shelly said...

I think we forget to do the little things in our hustle and bustle lives. Thanks for the reminder. Hope your hand gets to feeling better.

Minnie said...

I hope your hand gets back to normal and it doesn't keep you from your lovely stitching.

Ele said...

What a good idea, and thank you for reminding us.
Have a lovely weekend

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a great idea. It's always nice when customers compliment you but even better when they tell the management.
You have a great collection of scissor pins too, your customers must love you.

rosey175 said...

Lovely idea about the feedback cards! You have quite the collection of little scissors. Glad to hear not all customers are poops and do appreciate your hard work! :D

Julie said...

I got Surf City by Jan and Dean lol.
What a lovely idea, the customers obviously love you Gracie and your kindness.