Thursday, February 26, 2015

Angel wings or buttlerflies from the sea

I finished the Beetle Bag.....which I briefly posted about here. It is a pattern from Aby Lane Quilts that I bought at Jo Ann's....
I had a bit of issue with the binding, but I am happy with the results. There are 6 zip closed bags in the center held with Velcro straps for stuff and the pin cushion is removable. The strap wraps around to the back and attaches with Velcro. I hope to make a few for gifts. I will make a few adjustments when I do. Not bad for a first. I love the fabric which I bought last year. It was for a BOM club project that Jo Ann's always has. Easy when the fabrics are already color/pattern together.
Yesterday was a blood work day for Mr H and me.... nice when the technician is gentle. After the stabbing we returned home to settle back and watch a few Sherlock Holmes movies....totally relaxing afternoon...but no stitching. Later Mr H made dinner...remember I told you he is the cook in the house. It was a pre-prepared seafood clambake dinner and was delicious. He also made some shrimp with butter and I ate them all! I cannot resist shrimp. What I found out when cleannuing up...yes he cooks I clean....was these lovlies
At first I thought what cute butterflies...then as I washed them I thought of angel wings.... what I will do with them remains to be seen but I could not throw them all away. I am always amazed at Mother Nature....look at the shell designs...exact on each side and they were pretty much all different. For now they will live in a basket.
My friend Gail and hubby are almost to their destination in Virginia having safely driven from here in all the nasty snow, icy roads and rain weather. I await the Facebook message that says they arrived. In the meantime, a cup of coffee and some breakfast. Today is a work day....whatever your day is, I do hope it is wonderful.
Thank you for your kind words and friendship....

10 comments:

butterfly said...

love your bag, and the angel wings.

Mii Stitch said...

The finish on your beetle bag is just fantastic :)

Catsngrams said...

I love the betele bag I have seen those made but I have not had the ambition to tackle one. You did a fantastic job.

Julie said...

What a useful and beautiful bag you've made, its really very lovely.

Mother nature never ceases to amaze me with her delightful creations.

Hope you hand is not too sore when you return from work this evening.

xxx

Julie said...

What a useful and beautiful bag you've made, its really very lovely.

Mother nature never ceases to amaze me with her delightful creations.

Hope you hand is not too sore when you return from work this evening.

xxx

Caitlin D said...

The beetle bag is lovely and so very handy!! I agree that the shells remind me of angel wings. They are certainly beautiful.

lynda said...

Your bag is really nice...I have something similar from many years ago,but it is flat with the little bags stitched inside. No other holders. I love to use it for small projects that I take to work. I should really add a little needle pocket...you've inspired me!
And I love those "angel wings"...there really is so much beauty in nature.
Thanks for sharing!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a lovely bag, very clever and beautifully made.

The shells are amazing too, and all complete pairs.

diamondc said...

Beautiful bag, love the idea of angel wings.

Catherine

Anthea said...

Gracie those shells do remind me of a Great Aunt of mine who made many ornaments & jewellery boxes using shells...
Your Beetle Bag looks great - I have that pattern, I think you may have inspired me to get it out!