Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Pumpkin Head and doctor's report

Met with the doctor yesterday to review the MRI and he had an x-ray taken. I do have a meniscus tear, a cyst, arthritis and a bone spur.... but he is not recommending surgery at this time. Instead I will have an injection of Orthovisc every week for 3 weeks and physical therapy for a few weeks. Then he will check to see if I feel any better and then it would be surgery. In the meantime...my knee feels terrible. Hopefully this will work. I did finish a little stitching project. Pumpkin Head...
He is a door hanger. This was a freebie from Donna at By The Bay Needleart ...isn't he just dandy. A quick fun stitch. I had just the right 28 ct linen that I had dyed last year.
I really like these door hangers for small projects. They are easy to store, although mine remain out in a basket, and are a change from pin pillows and the such. The actual linen color is what you see on the hanging piece. We bought a new recliner for the bedroom yesterday and it was just delivered. But, it is the wrong chair, wrong color and wrong fabric. Waiting for the furniture store to open so I can go there to clear this up. The delivery company left the chair and said they would deliver the correct one when they are notified by the store..... this should have been a simple thing, but no, complications. I guess I do not have to tell you what I will be doing this morning.... then home to start stitching on my next RR piece. Thank you for the good wishes for my knee. It may not feel to great but I do just knowing that you care! Hugs to you all. Welcome to a couple of new friends....have a good day.

13 comments:

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Oh that is so frustrating Grace, why do things go wrong so easily? I'm glad you're at least moving forward with your knee - injections can make a huge difference.

Vickie said...

You and I both getting injections. I hope your knee gets less painful quickly. What a bother with the chair. puh!

cucki said...

oh no my dear..i hope you feel better soon..
its a lovely door hanger :)
big hugs x

Bella said...

Hello Gracie

Hope you start to feel better soon.
Lovely door hanger, so sweet x

Vonna, The Twisted Stitcher said...

Thinking of you sweet Gracie...I'm sorry to read of all that you have wrong with your knee...but I am hopeful your doctor can get you fixed up!

shirley flavell said...

I hope the treatment works for you Gracie. If an operation can be avoided that has got to be good.Love your stitched door hanger. What a pain getting the wrong furniture delivered. Hugs Shirley

Ele said...

Hope you feel better soon and can avoid surgery
Lovely stitching!

butterfly said...


So happy that you don't have to have surgery .

Lets hope it will get better with doctor's help.

Sorry about the chair .

Love your door hanger .

Mii Stitch said...

Hoping the injections do the trick really!
Love your latest finish, different and really cute :)

Julie said...

I'm hoping that the course of treatment suggested gives you relief and works well.
Cute door hanger, a lovely design and finished so beautifully.
Hope the chair gets sorted fast for you!

Pam in IL said...

Sorry to hear that your knee is still so painful. My friend had the shots and physical therapy and is doing much better now. Oh, the recliner mix up is frustrating too. Hope that gets cleared up quickly for you.

Pumpkin Head is so cute. I love that you finished it as a door hanger. I've never thought of finishing something as a door hanger.

diamondc said...

So glad you are not having surgery, love the door hanger.

Catherine

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

So sorry that your knee is still giving you gyp, hope it gets sorted soon.

Love the door hanger. There is no way my little son would tolerate those though! They would be collected in and returned to me LOL