Monday, March 3, 2014

Love to get mail

The rain stopped yesterday with the total about 1 inch. Everything is still quite wet and because of the strong winds, all sorts of tree debris is covering the ground. Our HOA paving project was to have started today, but cancelled until tomorrow....if it all dries out. Oh the mail....first let me tell you that Mr H was not a good hubby! The mail delivery from Saturday was not put where I would notice it  when I got in from a very busy Jo Ann's work day. Sunday morning I saw a white envelope.... then I saw the postmark...New Zealand...
I had won the Valentine's Day drawing from Lee, Other side of the Mountain..... is this not the most lovely gift set you have seen?  To have it in hand shows the real beauty of her stitching and finishing. In her note to me she hoped I would not just look at it, but use it. There is no way it will sit on a shelf.
Elegant hardly begins to describe her work. I am so lucky that Caitlin picked my name. Thank you Lee for sharing your talents. The set includes a scissor fob, a floss ring, a pinkeep, one of Lee's new clips and a tape measure. Of course she also made the card. My work kit will be the most elegant in my crowd!
Sorry to show off...well, I can't help it...but I am happy you had some time to stop by and chat. Hope you have a wonderful day.....

10 comments:

Vickie said...

I too have been blessed to receive hand made gifts from Lee. I know just how you feel. ;) Enjoy them, they are gorgeous.

Jules said...

Very beautiful!!

Anthea said...

How wonderful to have won these gorgeous items - I'm sure you'll enjoy them!
And great for you to get some rain too

Lee said...

Have a smile in my haste to get it away in the post I forgot the pins for the pin keep still sitting on my table will send with the next pice of the set.

Minnie said...

Such gorgeous gifts.

butterfly said...

Beautiful gifts so pretty hugs.

Julie said...

A very beautiful collection of pretty and useful things.

Annette-California said...

I am so happy for Gracie! Your treasures from Lee are stunning.
love Annette

Andrea said...

A beautiful gift. Unexpected mail is the best kind.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Oh my goodness, these are exquisite! Your photography really shows them off well too.