Saturday, February 1, 2014

Feb-roo-err-ee and a mouse

The love month.... the shortest month..... my month. Yes, my day is approaching and I add another number... but it really is only a number.
Finally, my pincushion exchange to Carolyn has arrived.... so now I will show you what I sent
A mouse on double pincushions on a mouse trap.
I loved making this and glad that Carolyn likes it. I love pincushions and this exchange was organized by Elena. I hope we have another!
The design for the basic pattern is from The Cheswick Co.. As always, I like to add my own touch to the design. I sat it upon a real mouse trap (like the one pictured behind it) and gave her some corn to take with her. A good thing I did too...she got a little lost on her way to Carolyn's place. Just mentioning the word lost makes me angry.... another wasted trip to the post office regarding my package from Gaynor. I made it clear I was not going to let this loss go easily and I will continually keep pushing for an investigation. I may never retrieve my items, but they will know me well. I can be very stubborn.
Getting ready for my birthday.... trying to decide what to give for my UN-Birthday celebration.... in the meantime, glad you could visit with me this day. Your friendship is very important to me. I also welcome a new friend... just one off from 300! I am amazed. Enjoy your day.

13 comments:

Roberta said...

This pincushion is darling and very clever.

Vickie said...

Oh my goodness! That is so sweet!

Busy Lizzie said...

cute mouse

Cardygirl said...

What a cleverly and beautifully made pincushion....a lovely gift!

Heather said...

What a gorgeous pincushion, I love it!

Jeanne said...

Oh my gosh what a gorgeous pincushion Gracie. I am a pincushion addict I'm afraid to say...I just can't resist all the cute patterns.

I hope you have a fabulous birthday month - and yes, it's only a number and best not dwelled upon. Just be sure not to look at this month's magazines at the grocery store...I just saw Christie Brinkley is on the cover of People or some magazine - she is turning 60 and barely looks 40! It made ME feel about 90!

Cindy's Stitching said...

that is adorable.

Marilyn said...

The Mouse pincushion is sooooooo cute!
Marilyn

Fiore said...

I've never seen a pincushion like this. It's cute. Carolyn is a lucky girl!
Loving you.

And This Little Pig said...

Stunning... simply stunning!!!
Libbie :@

Bramble said...

Hello

This is my first visit to your lovely blog.
The pincushion is just gorgeous!
I hope you have a good birthday month.

Julie said...

Oh my, that is so sweet and so pretty, what a darling exchange gift to send to a stitching friend.

valerie said...

What a darling pincushion mouse! I am sure Carolyn loved it. I really hope you can convince the USPS to open an investigation. It's so strange what happened to your package from Gaynor. Hope you have a great February!