Wednesday, January 29, 2014

It is all Esther's fault

It is not my fault that I find things that I need desire. It is not my fault that I love books. It is not my fault that I want to learn so much more. If it is not my fault, then who do I blame. Well Esther of course! Now you ask who is she....well, she is one of the MODs-----Manager On Duty----at Jo Ann's. She is also in charge of receiving for our store. This means when the books arrive she checks them in and then when she sees something that is me (as she puts it) I am promptly shown. And she does know what I like...... unfortunately. Lucky for me there is usually a coupon, or sale and my added discount, so I cave in and home it rides with me... sitting on the passenger seat so I can glance at it at each red light I might catch. Then into the living room it goes waiting for after dinner so I can drool over the pictures. Mr H simply says, "New book"?
Here they are. The Beaded Edge was on my wish list for awhile. You know how I love to add beads to most everything. Since the patterns are crocheted, which I already know how to do, this is going to get plenty of use. The retail cost was $17.95 on sale for $10.77 and my discount brought it down to $8.62.  The Needle Lace Flowers is another thing. It is Oya Lace work..... this I will need plenty of learning and practice. The retail of this one is $19.95 and using a 50% coupon brought it to $9.97. Total for both books was $19.95. Now to fit practice time into my schedule.

I never made it to the Post Office yesterday...today will be my mission to question them. As for the Carolyn package, there should be delivery soon, we hope. It has been delivered to her former address. Okay, yes, I should have double checked the address, but I honestly thought I had the correct one. Lesson here is check then double check. Oh and remember, it was mailed while I was not feeling well and wanted it into the mail ASAP as we had set a delivery date. I posted that I am considering to not join exchanges..... it is not only that I want my recipient to get the package, but want their package to arrive to me. We all know the time, research and cost of not only the items but the postage. I can't expect someone to want to take the chance of it not arriving here. Admittedly, this is the first time this has happened to me. Thinking on it for the time being. Anyway, I am nursing a mild headache die to the asthma attack I had at work yesterday. As I was coughing and nearly choking, a little girl was telling anyone who would listen...."she is choking let's help her". When I returned to the counter she looked pleased. My voice has returned but the headache will be here for a few more hours. Never a dull moment with me. Now, aren't you glad you stopped by?! I hope so.... I really enjoy your visits and kind words. Hope your day is fantastic.

7 comments:

Vickie said...

Nice, new additions to your books!
At least the little girl was trying to be helpful. I am sorry the asthma is bothering you again. Hopefully with warmer weather it goes away again.

Julie said...

Lovely books to add to your collection.
Bless that young child, what a sweetheart.

And This Little Pig said...

Esther is just looking out for you, and saving you the time you would spend looking... so in reality she is a time saver :@ Esther like that name, Harriet and Maude or Harriet and Esther?

Lisa said...

It is nice having an Esther...always there looking out for you :) Those books look like great drooling material too. I can't wait to see what beautiful projects you pick out and create. Hope your headache goes away very soon. Take care!

Heather said...

Hope you are recovered enough to read your new books! I think the prices were quite reasonable! LOL!

Ele said...

lovely books!!
so glad the parcel to Carolyn has been traced, its content was too beautiful to get lost

geeky Heather said...

It's very difficult for me to resist New books, too!! Especially if they mean learning new things. The beaded edge book looks especially intriguing.