Saturday, January 25, 2014

Grow Your Blog

This is my first time joining in this party hosted by.....Vickie of 2 Bags Full. Some of you already follow me and I welcome anyone new.
I have been doing all types of needlework since I was 7 years old and taught by My Aunti Lucy to Crochet, my Aunti Angie to knit and all other learning was on my own...well, except for my newest adventure with Tatting and that is with my friend Debra teaching me. I really enjoy learning something new all the time. I have been blogging for 3 years and enjoy sharing my craft and life. My husband and I moved from Rhode Island in 2004 to our current home in Arizona. We love it and I can't think of ever going back to the East Coast. He is retired and I still work part time for Jo Ann Fabrics......love the discount and sales. I will be celebrating my 67th birthday Feb 3rd and hope to continue to enjoy all that I do for many years to come. If you have not visited me before let me show you some of my work...
 An embroidered piece for my sis Lynowl......
 a sewing kit from a design by Kaaren of The Painted Quilt
 some bracelets in the tennis style
 a sewing box from a lovely cigar box
 A Black Bird Design
 A doll pincushion 

a Biscornu...love making them







I am glad you stopped by and hope you will visit often. If you have time, look back on some of my older posts. Blogging has been wonderful for me. Meeting new friends from all over the world....learning from one another....being there for those days when friends really make a difference. I look forward to hearing from you....drop me a line and introduce yourself.

25 comments:

  1. You are always creating such beautiful things Gracie, long may it continue.
    Enjoy meeting the new visitors who come along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gracie! I am one of Vicki's Volunteers, and yours is one of the blogs I am lucky to have on my list :)
    I love your beautiful needlework, and am especially partial to the cigar box project - what a perfect result!
    Have fun with the GYB Party :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gracie,

    I'm visiting from the Grow Your Blog party. It is nice to meet you. You are very talented! I plan to look around a bit more and then be on my way to visit the others. I do hope you will stop by for a visit and enter my giveaway. Have a wonderful weekend! Hugs – Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello from England, I hope we'll become friends

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice pictures you shared today Gracie. You two have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a follower already but enjoyed learning more about you and seeing some more of your lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm stopping by from GYB. I grew up in Arizona (LHC) and we moved to Oregon 6 years ago. (Love living where there are four seasons!!!) Stop by: myplvl.blogspot.com (Oh and I added myself as a GFC follower)YAH

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you are joining in this year...this blog party is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Gracie. I love reading your blog. I have been blogging for over 6 years now and I find it therapeutic...giving me an outlet for sharing my needlework, thoughts and life with so many from all over. Your crafts are very beautiful. I look forward to reading more. I'll be in AZ in a few days; younger son's hockey team going to play in a showcase in Phoenix this coming weekend :)
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Gracie, thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving your lovely comment. Your own work is exquisite and I am very impressed with your tatting as I've never even tackled something like that. I'm following you now and looking forward to reading more about you.

    Best wishes
    RedSetter

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved seeing all of your artwork and visiting your blog. This is also my first time to participate in this blog hop. I look forward to coming back soon!
    Teresa
    www.foxhollowtales.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello from the Netherlands, love your work ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have done some beautiful work

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm glad to know you and your blog! I come from Vicky's party ... it's great to know people so far away from me - I live in the north of Italy - and discover many wonderful worlds, and often with very similar interests.
    Bogomilla

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful pieces! I am just learning more about embroidery stitches so I can make my wool crazy patch purse.
    nice to have met you Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am having fun finding new bloggers to follow...love sewing and quilting. Greetings from Oklahoma, USA. crystalbluern at onlineok dot com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful pieces!
    I love cross stich.
    greetings from México.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Gracie, You do some beautiful work. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    Judy in Colorado
    judy@atticraggedys.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good Morning Gracie!
    We are in the lovely Pacific Northwest and have always been on the west coast. Your needlework is lovely and it's wonderful that you have people who took the time to teach you crafting...tried to learn to crochet from youtube this last fall...it wasn't pretty. Thank you for sharing on GYB on I'll be back!
    Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Gracie...
    Lovely blog you have here...happy growing your blog

    asri

    ReplyDelete
  21. Greetings from BC. So nice to meet you via the GYB party. I look forward to following your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Really enjoying my GYB party journey, such a variety of blogs and amazing talent, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  23. You have made a lot of beautiful things. i will enjoy reading your blog. i do quilting and embroidery and have recently got interested again in cross stitch. No blog for me but enjoy reading others.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Greetings from St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada. Very nice to meet you. Your work is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  25. You are very talented - creating so many different types of work. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I am listening......