Saturday, December 8, 2012

Thankful for your friendship

I am overwhelmed by the loving words and emails I have received for our loss of Zoe. You have made my heart full. Mr H is having a hard time right now. They were all day companions and he is lost without her underfoot.  It was strange to come home from work and not have her waiting by the cookie jar for her treat. But we will adjust as we all do when there are drastic changes in our life.
I think I have mentioned Mr H's girlfriend next door 90 something Louise? Well, once again she rewarded him with fresh baked brownies. Why you ask... what did he do... I, yes me... put lights out front on our hedges... the small plot of garden that we share between our condos. She is just too sweet! All he did was to run the extensions... it was me who had scratches and cacti stuck in my hand, me who scraped my leg... but it is he who gets the brownies.
I mentioned the mail delivery from the other day...and the Post Office. Well, I finally made it to the Post Office and here was what the postman dropped off...
Back in November when we celebrated Veteran's Day, I mentioned that I don't see the Red Poppies out here in Arizona as I did back East. Well, Jo of  Serendipitous Stitching send me this Poppy. It is handmade by disabled ex-service members. Here is their website. I shall now have a Remembrance Poppy to wear next November. Have you visited her blog to follow the Advent Calender Blog Hop.... you really should. It is such a great way to meet new friends.
Also in the mail was this adorable critter...
Another Annalee to add to my special tree. It is from my Sidekick Lu back in Rhode Island. It is a 6" Peppermint Santa Mouse! I will have to try to get a picture of all my little Annalee critters. Lu and I sat side by side for 5 years at my last job in RI. We will forever be sidekicks. She and hubby Stan are dear friends.
I am back to the Post Office this morning...really do wish they would open especially for me as I am up and ready... to mail out a couple more packages and my cards.  I know, it is not "all about me"!
I am looking forward to this weekend... some stitching is a must. I have not had a needle in hand for a few days now. And a book is ready for me to pick up at the library and one is on my e-Reader, so some reading will be nice. Maybe I will get to the Glendale Glitters also. Whatever your plans are, I do hope they are fun. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all the loving words and emails.....

8 comments:

  1. Those are wonderful gifts you received Gracie.
    You and Mr. H are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful gifts you received..
    you and mr.h are in my prayers and thoughts.
    love x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gracie this is such sad news, i am so sorry to read.
    Furbabies are so much a part of their families, it's hard to see them suffer. Darling Zoe has brought you some wonderful times and companionship. Hold on to that.
    My warmest thoughts to both you & mrH...
    x Anthea

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry to hear about your sweet little Zoe. She will always be with you in your heart and memories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry for the loss of Miss Zoe, it's so hard to lose a beloved pet, I'll certainly miss hearing about her on your blog.

    Glad the poppy arrived safely. I thought I'd better send it this year as I'd never remember for next!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Think of the happy times Gracie and hold on to them.

    That was so sweet of Jo to send you a remembrance poppy, I wear mine with pride.

    Any suggestions for my next book, what are you reading?

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry for the loss of Zoe.
    I know your little dog will be sadly missed, thinking of you all.
    Lovely gifts. hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jo is such a kind lady.
    I hope hubby shared his little treat with you.

    ReplyDelete

I am listening......